Do you remember the days of crisp new backpacks, the sound of sharp scissors cutting pristine notebook paper and the vibrant colors of your newly opened box of crayons? For thousands of local children those days will never become a fond memory. They lack the basic supplies needed to be successful in school.
The cost of outfitting a child with basic school supplies is around $60 – and for some families, that’s an expense that is out of reach. Luckily, these obstacles to learning can be overcome with your help!
In the past 12 years, TTCU’s Project School Supplies and Restore Hope Ministries have equipped more than 30,000 children with the basic tools needed to start the school year.
How You Can Help
Between July 14 and August 31, 2014, monetary donations and school supplies will be accepted at any TTCU branch location. We'll ensure that supplies are given to area children in need.
In the Tulsa area, supplies will be distributed by Restore Hope Ministries. In other TTCU communities, listed below, supplies will be distributed by local organizations.
The following supplies are in need:
- 3-Ring Binders (1-1/2")
- Pocket Folders (with brads)
- Rulers (12" with centimeters)
- Erasers (pink)
- Paper (notebook & graph)
- Spiral Notebooks (wide & college)
- Scissors (5" Blunt & Pointed tip)
- Glue (4 oz. white bottle & glue sticks)
- Ink Pens (blue, black, & red)
- Markers (broadline washable & dry erase in black)
- Compasses (safety point)
- Crayons (24 count)
- Pencils (no. 2, red lead & sets of 12 colors)
- Pencil holders (large zipper bags & plastic boxes)
- Index Cards (3" x 5" ruled)
- Ziploc Bags (1 quart & 1 gallon)
Thanks to these local organizations for their commitment to this program: